Software Engineer – Hulu (via LinkedIn):
- You fall asleep thinking of ways to search through 100 billion sheep
- You recently had a nightmare that involved an unbalanced red-black binary tree
- You can compress better than H.264
- You actively contribute to GitHub
- You rule at ping-pong, eating contests or SCII
You’re the kind of developer who obsesses over indentation-space or tabs, monitoring services, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new math challenges.
Project Manager – Microsoft (via Microsoft University Careers):
As the in-house advocate for the millions of people worldwide who use Microsoft products, you drive the technical vision, design and implementation of next-generation software solutions. You predict and research how software is used and work closely with Software Development Engineers (SDEs) and Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) to ensure our end products exceed those expectations.
You gather customer requirements, write functional specifications and analyze usage cases to represent customers’ needs throughout the development process. You’ll invest your time in partnering with other product teams across Microsoft to drive collaborative solutions. If you love negotiating, evangelizing and empathizing on behalf of our customers, the PM role is for you.